Saturday, May 25, 2019

Prank Gone...Awry?

Sooooo, I had this crazy idea to finally do that texting my Forever and Always with some tweaking song lyrics prank. On that one co-worker.

He's been messing with my head and playing with my emotions and I thought I'd do him back the favour.

Not that I want to, because I wanted to convey a certain message to him I just couldn't in words. And texting song lyrics is one way I try to tell people something that I don't have the nerve to tell them directly. Also letters. Actual written letters. I guess I'm a hopeless romantic in that aspect.

So, the whole ordeal from beginning to end took almost two hours. Not because I didn't know what to say because I've been planning it for WEEKS. But because he took FOREVER to respond. And I mean forever.

To the point where I would have to text him multiple times just to get a response. But I guess he doesn't really listen to the same music as I do, so it makes sense.

As a person who watches YouTube a lot, I would assume he would know what I was going on about. But then again that texting prank challenge was SO last year.

But hey, better late than never, right? I've been meaning to do it for a while but never found the right person to mess with. Until now I guess.

I mean, I could have done it with my ex (at the time), but he knew how obsessed I was with YouTube that we got into some serious arguments about it, so that wouldn't have been too fun. And my other two friends...one of them, we have this strange friendship where we only send each other FaceBook stickers, sooooo...yeah. And the other one, he's a little too dramatic, so I feel like that's not go too well.

But overall, it didn't go too bad. Other than the fact I was filming the whole thing and it took FOREVER just to get him to respond. Mostly because he was confused half the time and actually thought I was onto something. Which I sort of was.

And I had to cut it short because he thought so many different things that I wouldn't have even guessed. Nothing too bad, but wayyyy out of my line. And I had to kinda give him a hint because he had NO CLUE what I was going on about. I thought he would have known when I texted the line containing the song title, so I kind of felt bad dragging him on for so long since I'm sure he has other things to do on a Sunday. Or maybe not.

But I felt sooooo bad that I messed with his head that I had to apologise afterwards because I'm just that nice of a person. It's a good and a bad thing. Mostly good, but it bites you back sometimes.

And that led me to just texting him for the sake of texting him person to person. And I kind of got him to say what I needed and he got me to say what I needed (not all of it, but life takes time). So I guess it all worked out. Maybe not how I intended it to, but not all's fair in life.

Also not sure why this has been in my drafts for so long. Whoops.


No comments:

Post a Comment