Saturday, December 29, 2018

What Are We?

So, you that that same co-worker I've been mentioning? It's been a good few months since my last post about him, so thought I'd give you a quick update.

We used to bite each other's heads off, OBVIOUSLY, in a playful manner. And now, we've kind of tolerated each other a little bit more. Although I did FINALLY get his number like almost a month ago. Which was funny cuz I indirectly gave him mine during Halloween as an excuse to give him jelly beans.

Quick digression. So I gave him my number indirectly on the back of a post-it note cuz we have tons of those at work as an excuse to give him my jelly beans that I have at home since I can't really eat jelly beans anymore. Root canal. Not fun. Anyways, I gave him two bags of jelly beans in Ziploc bags and on the first bag, I stuck a post-it note and wrote "Happy Halloween!" and on the second bag, I stuck a post-it and wrote "Thanks for being an awesome co-worker and putting up with me. You're pretty cool! Let's hang out sometime!" and I gave him my number. I contemplated that for THE LONGEST TIME since I wasn't sure if he would see it, which he didn't...for about a month.

Flash forward almost a month, I just got back from lunch, and he messages me "I just saw that post it note you stuck on the back. Believe me, if I had seen that, I would have spammed you with cat pics" and I was so confused cuz I was in work mode.

So yeah, I FINALLY managed to get his number. I don't know. I've always gotten a good vibe from him. Since he's only like two years older than I am. Like I really want to hang out with him, but I just can't figure out how to ask. And cuz I feel like now would be a bad time to ask since he's like switching meds or something like that. We tell each other some really deep shit.

ANYWAYS, that's not what I meant to talk about. So I feel like now, we can stand each other a bit more. And we only decide to kill each other depending on the workload. Recently, work has been pretty light, so we joke around a lot more than we did a few weeks ago when it was crazy busy. He also does this thing recently where he'll come up an just randomly poke me. I've gotten him back maybe like once or twice.

I feel like now, we've kind of hit a stagnant point in terms of snappy remarks and whatnot, but I feel like I'm meaner to him than he is to me. Here's a few examples.

Him: I don't know why I just can't get warm.
Me: It's probably cuz you have a cold soul.
Him: Wow, that's harsh.

Him: (hears the fax machine go off) Really?
Me: It loves you.
Him: I don't want it to!
Me: It wants your love!

Him: Why does he keep calling me?
Me: Because he loves you!
Him: Love me less!
Me: He thinks otherwise.

He gives me something to approve.
Me: (approves it)
Him: Thank you.
Me: You're not welcome. (I've said this more than once.)
Him: Oh, that hurts. (And he's said some variation of that.)

Him: (walks in) Jenny, you're a terrible person.
Me: What did I ever do to you?
Him: I just wanted you to know that.

Him: Jenny, you're a terrible person. (version 2)
Me: I know, that's why I can be mean to you back.
Him: Wow, harsh.

Manager: (talking about some system upgrade)
This was also at some off-site another co-worker arranged.
Him: Well that what am I gonna do all day?
Me: Complain.
Him: Wow, really? We're not even at work at you have the energy to throw me under the bus?

So yeah, we have our share of snappy remarks and comments. We get along that way. It's a special relationship we share.

"Because you're my favourite!"

No comments:

Post a Comment