Saturday, December 29, 2018

So, I Got a Job...What Now?

(I somehow forgot to post this a LONGGGGG time ago)

So yeah, I got a job the other day.  I should be happy, but I'm more confused than happy.  Do I like it? I'm not sure yet.

Like is a very strong word. It's a word you use to describe something you believe fully in, something you have strong feeling towards.  I can't say for sure if I "like" my job.  But I will say that I do find myself thinking, if I didn't accept this job, what would I do?

You could say I'm a dreamer.  In fact, I'm more than a dreamer.  I'm a firm believer in chasing your dreams and overcoming obstacles along the way.  But sometimes, I forget that I need to apply that to myself too.  I chase too many dreams at once.  I have many ideas I want to put out there, but instead of going for those ideas, I think of the many ways that those ideas could go wrong.

I guess I'm more pessimistic than I am optimistic. I guess I tend to look at the downside of things more than the flip-side.  Which is probably why I feel so confused.  And can't decide things. It might also be because I've let other people choose for me, so I guess I just "chose" a practical major.

I also don't feel like I want to quit just yet, because if I do, I won't be bringing food on the table so to speak.  I know that if you want to chase your dreams, you have to put it your all, but sometimes, you also gotta have a backup plan.

All that plus, I've been trying to distract myself from getting a job because I honestly had NO CLUE what the eff I wanted to do after college. I've been trying to distract myself from applying to jobs because I didn't know if I'd like it or not.

And actually, I was actually enjoying my dining job because I really liked interacting with customers. Maybe that's what I like. Interacting with customers, face to face. So hospitality? I'm not sure yet. But I'm getting there, slowly but surely.

No comments:

Post a Comment